Friday, March 1, 2013

40 Prayers of Lent, Days 14 & 15

Yesterday's Prompt: Sometimes in our pursuit of Lenten penitence, we forget that God's grace isn't "on hold" until Easter. Yes, our faith is imperfect; yes, we struggle in this wilderness; and by God's grace we are empowered -- in all of our imperfection and incompleteness -- to witness to a transforming, renewing Love. The Holy Spirit has come, and we are witnesses! Write a prayer of thanksgiving for God's grace in using you where you are, as you are.

Using me where I am.
Uncertain of the future, I feel and react to stress
I forget you have me here,
   at this time,
   in this place for a reason
The Holy Spirit is here; is now.
I have received it.
And I am your witness
   to the ends of the earth
Help me to remember this
   When I am weak
   When I am tired
   When I am frustrated about the future
Let me be your light
Let me be the vessel you need
    Today
    Here
    Now

______________________________________________

Day 15: "You have granted me life & steadfast love." Job 10:12

When I am down, you are there. When I am tired, worn, you are there. You have given me this gift and you are here to support me, to lift me up with your steadfast love.

What can mere people do to me? You are my helper. People cannot keep me down. I have your hand to lift me up, to bring me up.

Hebrews 13:6 So we can say with confidence "The Lord is my helper. I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment