Monday, March 25, 2013

Holy Week Prayers: Day 35

I am reminded of how many turns & surprises the disciples experienced as they walked with and listened to Jesus during the final days before his crucifixion. Even small talk about architecture took an unexpected turn: "When some were speaking about the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful stones and gifts dedicated to God, Jesus said, 'As for these things that you see, the days will come when not one stone will be left upon another; all will be thrown down.'" (Luke 21:5-6, NRSV)

Why am I amazed when you provide in a way I didn't expect?
Why am I surprised when you answer a prayer?
Why am I so slow to see your hand at work?
You continue to amaze me
You do not leave a single stone unturned, with all the messiness beneath
Yet that messiness is necessary to get me where you need me.

I have prayed for you to put me where you need me.
And then I am upset when you do so

Let this change be pleasing to you
Let this be the step
Let me blossom into the person you need me to be
Let this be an amazing unexpected turn

No comments:

Post a Comment