Monday, March 11, 2013

40 Prayers of Lent; Days 22 & 23

Saturday's prompt: "As for me, I walk in my integrity; redeem me, O LORD, and be gracious to me" (Psalm 26:11, NRSV). Isn't this a reflection of our daily aim: to live true to ourselves and to God's call, and to know God's grace in our lives?

Be kind to me today, oh Lord, as I attempt to walk in your light.
Be merciful to me, oh Lord, when I forget
I seek your grace, every day, and every day I forget
Let me be kind
Let me be merciful
Let me be gracious
As you are gracious to me.

_______________________________________________________


Monday's prompt: From The Message, the opening verses of Psalm 104 read: "O my soul, bless God! God, my God, how great you are: beautifully robed, dressed up in sunshine, and all heaven stretched out for your tent. You built your palace on the ocean deeps, made a chariot out of clouds, and took off on wind-wings."

Where are you seeing God today? Is God putting on a fashion show with the morning sunrise? Is God drawing on the sky with jet trails?


Where are you today? As I sit in my office, in the basement, away from your amazing world, I must seek you in the world that man  has made. I listen to "Christian" music, seeking "inspiration." Yet it feels dull. It doesn't feel real. It feels fake. So many times I am fake. I have the "Christian" look. I say the "Christian" things. And yet, am I saying the right things so I will fit in? So others will see how "holy" I am?

Show me where you are today, even within this man made place with artificial light and artificial noise and artificial space. Let my inspiration come from you. Let my mind be filled with you for your sake. Not for accolades. Not for me. Only for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment