Tuesday, March 12, 2013

40 Prayers of Lent: Day 24

Our prayer prompt begins with Mark 13:28-29 (NRSV): "From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he [the Son of Man] is near."  A warm rain is pouring down in south-central Pennsylvania today; even though the rain makes the day dreary, I am delighted by the reminder that it's time for spring! What time is it in your life, and what are the signs?

Every day I look for the signs:
Where do you need me?
Where do you want me?
What direction are you taking me?
Am I even using the right map?
I want to be where you need me,
yet I am uneasy, uncomfortable

Then I remember
I'm not home yet
I'm supposed to be uneasy
Uncomfortable
I'm not supposed to see the map
But I know my final destination.
I must trust that your gentle nudges
(2x4s to the head)
Will keep me on your path
As I continue to navigate this crazy world.

No comments:

Post a Comment