Wednesday, February 27, 2013

40 Prayers of Lent: Day 12

Today's prompt: Today's prayer prompt takes its cue from Jeremiah 9:23-24 (NRSV): "Thus says the LORD: 'Do not let the wise boast in their wisdom, do not let the mighty boast in their might, do not let the wealthy boast in their wealth; but let those who boast boast in this, that they understand and know me, that I am the LORD; I act with steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight,' says the LORD."  In what do you boast? Where do you place your confidence and hope each day?

Galatians 1:10: now am I trying to win the favor of men or of God? Do I seek to please men? If I were still seeking popularity with men, I should not be a bond servant of Christ (the Messiah)

Why do I forget? Why do I continue to seek approval from man so I can boast in myself? My talents are not given by man but by you. You and you alone can take credit for who I am and where I am and what I have done. I have not done these things alone. You are always with me. Help me to remember to give you the glory. Let me boast in you and you alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment