Friday, March 8, 2013

40 Prayers of Lent, Day 21

Today's prompt: Good news for us today from Exodus 8:7 (NRSV): "For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land, a land with flowing streams, with springs and underground waters welling up in valleys and hills."

What goodness still awaits you, by the grace of God? What relief is still coming to you? Can you see what it is, like the landscape outlined by God in this verse, or is it still unknown? Praise God in your prayer-writing for what is still to come.


Gifts yet to come. Gifts I cannot even imagine wanting or needing, yet You know they are on their way. As I look to the past, the gifts I have already counted, I have faith You will continue to provide, continue to give, abundantly, more than I can dream. We live in such an amazing time. Light, heat, cool at our whim. Cross country travel in less than a day. Round the world friends in communication at our finger tips. You have inspired man to create these amazing things. You provide beauty for our eyes, ears, nose. I eagerly await what you have lined up next!

1 comment: