1. What did you do in 2012 that you've never done before? Went ice skating (and didn’t fall down)
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did not keep my new year’s resolutions. I haven’t decided if I’m making any this year, though my prayer group is going to start doing a devotional together. In August, I did start my 1000 Thanks list and have been good at keeping up with that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? Grandma Alberta passed away in July. We had a great celebration of her life. Wiconi passed away in September.
5. What places did you visit? We stuck pretty close to home this year. We did drive back to South Dakota for Grandma’s funeral. Otherwise, we went to the Zoo, the water park, the fair.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? I’d really like us to take a family trip to Glacier National Park. We may not live in Montana forever and I’d hate to miss that.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory and why? Going on the Walk to Emmaus.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Starting, and continuing, my 1000 gifts list
9. What was your biggest failure? Not ready to talk about this yet10. Did you suffer any illness or injury? Poor Maggie spent so much time in the hospital suffering through UTIs and ended up having her appendix out the day before her 7th birthday!
11. What was the best thing you bought? Rocky’s light saber – he said it was his best birthday ever!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Maggie & Jessie; Rocky finished his Ed.D!!!!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Not ready to talk about this yet14. Where did most of your money go? Debt, the house, daycare/afterschool care
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Turning 40. Going to a champagne tasting on New Year’s Eve. Rocky's graduation
16. What song will remind you of 2012? Not Home Yet, by Steve Curtis Chapman
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? About the same.
b. thinner or fatter? About the same
c. richer or poorer? Definitely richer. Rocky is now employed full time and recently got a promotion. We are concentrating on getting out of debt!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Read my devotional book that Rocky got me for my birthday
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Spend money
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2012? As we always do, in our home. Grammy Alana came to spend the holiday with us again.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012? Not with anyone new
22. What was your favorite TV program? Old favorites keep coming up: Big Bang Theory, Modern Family
23. What did you do for your birthday? We had a Cupcake Wine party at our house – had to do something “big” for the big 4-0
24. What was the best book you read? One Thousand Gifts
25. What did you want and get? A family photo
26. What did you want and not get? A family vacation
27. What was your favorite film? The Avengers was a great fun film!
28. Did you make some new friends? Our church group family expanded and, after the Walk to Emmaus, both Rocky and I are now part of mostly weekly prayer groups.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If Rocky had found his job earlier in the year, though the timing did work out pretty well.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Hand-me-down. Some co-workers gave me clothes they were planning to donate, so my wardrobe has expanded!
31. What kept you sane? Wine
32. What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
33. What political issue stirred you the most? The presidential election!
34. Who do you miss? No one
35. What valuable life lesson did you learn? God’s grace is sufficient