Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 14,610

That is the number of days I have been on this earth (obviously this only counts the days that I have been breathing on my own Winking smile ).  That is approximately 2087 weeks or 350,640 hours or 21,038,400 minutes.  As I look back on those days, hours, minutes, I tend to wonder, what have I done with that time?  I do have to admit that not all of that time was productive.  Many of those hours have been wasted away in various ways.  Perhaps if I had not wasted those hours, I would be in a different place?  Perhaps I would not wonder else can I contribute to society, to work, to my family.

Of course, there are many things I would not change: my faith, my family are at the top.  Everything else is gravy.  And of course, it is never too late to make changes or go on a different path.  As part of my entry into this new decade, I am resolving to turn my focus inward.  I can only control and change me; I cannot control others, only my reaction to them.  My wonderful husband, perhaps in a nudge by God, gave me a yearly devotional book by Joyce Meyer entitled “The Confident Woman,” a devotional I had kind of started online.  On Wednesday, I checked out the daily devotional and felt it was just too timely, what with my birthday only a few days away.  Titled: It’s Not about Age.  I want to remember the parts speaking to me today:

… It really does not matter how old or young a person is.  If God calls someone to do something, and they have the confidence to go forward, nothing can stop them
   How you respond to your age and, for that matter, how others respond is really up to you.  We all age in years, but we don’t have to an “I’m too old” mind-set.  Moses was 80 years old when he left Egypt to lead the Israelites to the Promised Land.  Confident people don’t think about how old they are; they think about what they can accomplish with the time they have left.  Remember confident people are positive and look at what they HAVE, not what they have lost …
      Lord, You used people of all ages throughout the Bible, and You can use me.  Today is a new day (and decade), and I am excited about what You have for me to accomplish!  Amen.

Today is a new day, a new year, a new decade!  I cannot wait to see what is in store for us!

family 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment