Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oh Hail No!

A huge storm came through Billings today.  Thunder, lightning and 2010-06-20 2010-06-20 001 001HAIL!  It has been a very long time since I have seen a hail storm.  I will add a video a little later.  The storm also brought a tornado that took the roof off of the Metra, tore up a McDonald’s sign and destroyed several other buildings at the corner of Main & Lake Elmo Drive.  At our house, we saw a lot of hail and rain.  We lost power briefly.  Friends of ours, the Kriegers, who live on the other side of Main Street, lost power for several hours and came over to enjoy some electricity.

The only damage we really had was to some flower pots and the garden. More pictures can be seen on my Facebook page.  Tomorrow I’ll go assess the damage a little further to see if any of the plants could make a comeback.  I am just very very thankful that we are all safe and we only lost a few plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment