Wednesday, June 30, 2010

28 Days = 4 weeks, but /= 1 month

Ah calendar math, you do me in all the time.

So, 28 days ago, or 4 weeks ago, at this time, I was snuggling my brand new baby Jessie, probably waiting for Rocky to return from picking up Maggie. I was probably starting to get some feeling back in my toes and talking with Nurse Nadine about getting out of bed at some point that night (though it wasn't until much later that I actually did get out of bed, after Rocky had taken Maggie to the Krieger's -- lucky Maggie got to miss what appeared to be a massacre). I was probably still a bit in shock about having gone into labor and actually having my baby that day.

Jessie is awake a lot more often. She was up for about 90 minutes last night starting at about 2 a.m. or so. She wasn't fussy, didn't want to eat, just wanted to be up. I did my best to just snuggle her and not talk or sing to her too much so she wouldn't think that is a good time for us to have some quality time together. She loves to look around. We're also working on getting her to sleep or be content to sit somewhere other than on someone. She did several stints in the packnplay today and I think she is almost ready to try the swing. It's been cloudy today, but hot, so no walk, but we've been able to get outside a few times. Hopefully the rainy weather will pass so we can go on a walk tomorrow.

Jessie will officially be 1 month old on Friday and I really need to get her birth announcements ordered. I may also ask Rocky if I can use his camera on Friday to take some proper portraits of Miss Jessie.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Your children are gorgeous! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

    Cheers :-)
    - CoconutPalmDesigns

    ReplyDelete