Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 5

Jessie is now 5 days old. She is eating well -- actually nursing with the help of a nipple shield. My milk came in like a flood, so she is unable to manipulate the nipple without it, which we discovered today at the pediatrician's office. Somehow, the shield got left in the car (along with the only nipple we had for the emergency formula stash) and after a very long nap -- we hit Applebee's, Sam's Club and my office before the pediatrician's appointment -- when we got her out for the doctor's appointment, she was ready to eat. But couldn't get a good latch without the shield, so I had one pissed off baby girl.

She is sleeping well -- 3-4 hour stretches at night. And of course, I do realize I have jinxed myself by saying that.

We had a good appointment at the pediatrician's office. She hasn't lost much since we left the hospital -- maybe an ounce or two, though I can't remember exactly where she was when we left. Her bilirubin count is high, so we are headed back to the pediatrician's office tomorrow to get more blood drawn. She is a little yellow, but not quite as yellow as Maggie was.

How we thank God for you!
Because of you we have great joy in the presence of God!

1 Thessalonians 3:9

2 comments:

  1. Wow-- 3-4 hours! I hope you haven't jinxed yourself, because that's the stuff dreams are made of (literally)!! Go, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys are doing good!!! Sounds like things are going great at the Dailey house!!

    ReplyDelete