Sunday, July 29, 2012

Chocolate Revel Bars

I had kind of forgotten about these yummy treats from my childhood, but the moment I saw them at the lunch after Grandma's funeral, I knew exactly what they were and grabbed one (or three) before the pastor got in to start the prayer. I got the recipe and out it all together yesterday. It's really a basic oatmeal cookie with a chocolate-fudgy center. It takes me back to my childhood.

This recipe came from Mrs. Reiners, my cousins' grandma.

Chocolate Revel Bars
1 cup butter (softened)
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups oatmeal

Filling:
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, soda and salt. Add oatmeal. Mix well and set aside.

Mix chocolate chips, milk, butter and salt in double boiler or microwave. When smooth, add vanilla & nuts.

Use your hands to spread 2/3 of oatmeal mixture in a jelly roll pan. Cover with chocolate. Dot with remaining oatmeal mixture. Bake at 330 for 25 to 30 minutes.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment