Sunday, November 21, 2010

Moon Set

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below.

The snow clouds cleared out over night.  I noticed the full moon’s 2010-11-21 2010-11-21 001 001light when I was up with Jessie at one point.  She awoke early this morning (around 5:30-ish) so it was still dark.  In the house, we can watch the light changing, even though we really can’t see the sun rise. The temperature was in the negatives, even as the sun rose.  Rocky decided to shovel.  I looked out in the backyard and noticed the moon setting.  I don’t know that I have ever noticed the moon setting before.  The colors of the sunrise reflected on the moon with pinks and oranges, lighting the dark purple sky to blue.

More pictures on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment