Monday, August 3, 2009

My first Wine Blog post

So, I wanted to blog about a new wine tonight: Notro Torrontes 2007 an Argentina white. According to the label, it offers an intensely perfumes nose of exotic tropical fruit, with light floral notes. It is light, lively and crisp on the palate. Excellent on its own, it also pairs well with salads, light fish dishes or spicy Thai, Vietnamese or Chinese cuisine. I know I enjoyed it, however, after 1.5 glasses (and emptying the bottle) I switched over to Tilia Malbec, an Argentinean red and can no longer remember the exact taste of the Argentinean white.

When I picked up the Tilia Malbec 2008, I thought it was a picnic wine by the same lable, but it turned out to be red. I guess I should have read the lable (because in capital letters it states RED WINE). I like this wine, but think I should have started with it as it would have paired well with the steak Rocky purchased for dinner.

Interestingly, the Tilia is a screwtop and the Notro is a rubber cork top. I don't really notice a difference between the two and the screwtop is much more convenient!

Both wines were purchased at City Vineyard for $9.95 each. I love getting a nice wine for under $10. (If I didn't, I wouldn't drink Barefoot Wine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment