Sunday, August 2, 2009

Change in plans

Yesterday, after spending the morning running errands, our last stop was my new favorite wine store (City Vineyard). As we drove home, I started thinking that I need to start blogging about my favorite wines, if only to help me remember which ones I like and which ones I don't. I was just finishing up with a load of laundry when my cell phone rang. Which surprised me because no one but Rocky (and work) ever call me on my cell phone and Rocky was home and obviously, the office is closed on Saturdays. But it was my manager. Carey Jo called to let me know my friend and co-worker Michelle's son had been killed in a car accident. Michael was 22 and was on his way back to Dillon Montana where he was going to get ready for University of Montana Western's football season.

Suddenly, the priorities for my day changed. Things that had seemed so important just minutes earlier, no longer were. I didn't know what to do then and I still don't. This is the 2nd senseless death of a child I knew in less than 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago, one of Maggie's preschool classmates was killed in a motorcycle/car accident. We haven't really talked to Maggie about it as he wasn't in her classroom and I'm not sure she's aware of what happened. We will talk about it if/when she asks though.

It's senseless and tragic. No parent should have to go through this. I know that I've stopped worrying about quality time with Maggie and have started enjoying the quantity time with her -- you know, that time spent watching TV or just being in the same room.

If you pray, please pray for comfort and strength for these two families who are saying goodbye much too soon to their boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment