Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Different Kind of Dip

It’s that time of year again: Super Bowl!! As usual, we will be getting together with our church group to watch the game and the commercials. I’m rather excited about the Ferris Bueller ad this year (hopefully there will be one different from the one on YouTube as it’s been out for a week or so) and we are hoping this ad will lead to a full Ferris Bueller sequel!

So, as I was trying to decide what to bring, someone on Twitter posted a link to Pinterest for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip (from AddAPinch.com). I’ve heard of it before, but have never tried it. Could it REALLY be just like cookie dough? 2012-02-04_15-10-24_733 Well, I’m here to tell you, it’s not. It is, however, DELICIOUS, sinfully so and very much close enough to actually be called cookie dough dip.

This afternoon, Maggie & I rolled up our sleeves and mixed it together. It is incredibly easy, only 6 ingredients (well, 7 as I added the toffee bits as suggested in the link above). I did add a 2nd tablespoon of brown sugar and the last drops of vanilla in the bottom of my nearly empty bottle. It is now resting comfortably in the fridge, allowing the flavors to meld. We got graham crackers to serve along side and I am looking forward to enjoying it (along with the Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling we purchased to take along).

Update: after sitting overnight, the dip tasted A LOT more like cookie dough and it was a SMASHING success. Rocky came up with the great idea to put it between 2 chocolate chip cookies for a sandwich, which was also a SMASHING success. Will definitely make this one again!

Full recipe if you don’t want to go to the link (but go there for good photos)
Ingredients

  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (I used 1/2 cup mixed in and 1/4 cup on top)
  • 1 cup toffee bits (I used Health bits. Also used 1/2 cup mixed in and 1/4 cup on top)
Cream together cream cheese and butter. Add all remaining ingredients and mix until well-combined. Serve with graham crackers or apple wedges.

1 comment: