Thursday, February 9, 2012

Desperately Seeking Joy

I’ve started doing a couple of “light” Bible Studies.  One is on a Bible app on my Droid and it’s called “21 Day Fast.” (LifeChurch.tv) Today’s really spoke to me and I wanted to share it here so I don’t lose it.  I’ve spent a lot of time the past few days feeling burdened, put upon, defeated and I needed this reminder to be joyful.  Joy is not dependent upon my circumstances, but a choice I make.  So today, I will sing praise songs with the radio.  Today, I will play with my daughters and shower them with love.  Today, I will remember to tell my husband how much I love him and how much he brings to my life.

Psalm 100.  This psalm talks about entering God’s presence with thankfulness, gladness, joy and praise in your heart.  If you’ve become focused on the physical hardships you’re facing or the burdens you’re bringing to God in prayer [hello!], then spend today just being joyful in the Lord.  Write down some things that bring you joy today. Sing a song of praise to Him.  Pray that God will stir an urgency to press in and see what God has for you beyond His gates.

Psalm 100
A psalm. For giving grateful praise.

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
   come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
   It is he who made us, and we are his[a];
   we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment