Saturday, January 14, 2012

Girls’ Night In

Rocky is currently on a spiritual journey at church – the Walk to Emmaus.  It’s 4 days at the church, time spent in fellowship with other men.  I know he is, well, not sure if it’s a fun time, but I know at the end of the week he will be stronger in his faith.  This 4 days includes no contact with the outside world, so I am single parenting it this weekend.  This is the longest we will have been apart with no contact since we started dating back in 2000, and the longest he has been away from the girls.  I will go on the same journey next weekend, and while I’m looking forward to growing closer to God and to some women in the church, I know, as I’m sure he is, part of me will be worried about Rocky being the single parent.  I know he will be MUCH better at it than I am, but the nights worry me a bit.  So, to help pass the time this weekend and because other women’s husbands are busy with the Walk, I hosted a girls’ night in last night.

9 women from church came over for some good food, good wine, the movie “Bridesmaids” and a LOT of laughter.  6 bottles of Cupcake varieties and 1 Apothic Red, which went very nicely with the Cupcake reds.  My wonderful church Sisters brought more great food than we could eat and we talked and laughed and ate.  And watching “Bridesmaids” with these women was much more fun than watching with my husband [he didn’t really get it in the way that we did] where we laughed and laughed until tears streamed down our faces.2012-01-13_17-39-38_37 2012-01-14_05-59-39_972

I love the times I am able to spend with these wonderful women.  After we left Michigan I prayed for a long time for God to bring us some Godly friends.  It took some time, but I’m glad that he was able to bring us to this place at this time to be with these people.

Luke 2:10 … you have saved the best till now.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so wonderful, Wendy! I'm so happy you've got people you can share both faith and fun with. :)

    ReplyDelete