Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just me & my girls

Maggie decided she wanted to stay home with Jessie & me today. She hasn't asked to stay home with us very much this summer (very much to my surprise) and as it's my last week at home, I couldn't say no. We didn't have anything planned and I wasn't sure what to do with her all day. I asked what she wanted for breakfast: pancakes. So, we made pancakes. She watched "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", Spanish language version. We went to Lake Elmo and enjoyed the water. After lunch, I told Maggie she had to have some quiet time (she didn't get any yesterday and ended up falling asleep early and getting up VERY early). So I got her set with SpongeBob on her ipod and sent her to her room. Even though it wasn't a punishment, she acted like it was and found many excuses to come downstairs. My favorite was when she told me about the story she wrote that she wanted me to read to her:
There was a beautiful dalmatian who was rescued from the mean butterflies by the beautiful horse.
I know there's more to the story, but it got lost in the translation. I finally let her come downstairs and have quiet time on the couch, well, after she told me "but Mommy (and she never calls me Mommy), if I have quiet time upstairs, I will be all alone and no one will be with me. And I might get lonely." She saw maybe 5 minutes of "Phineas and Ferb" before falling into a nap.

Jessie just enjoyed hanging out. She took a looong nap this morning and just hung out the rest of the day, being her usual happy baby self. She's 12 weeks now. It is so hard to believe she is already 3 months old and almost in daycare. Our new normal will start in just a few weeks. Fall is almost here which means football, chili, small group and Sunday School. It will be nice to get back into a routine. And daily shower . . .

Jessie's 2 month appointment was last week. She weighs 11 lbs 11 oz and is right around the 50th percentile for weight, length and head circumference. She's a bit on the short side, but aren't we all. Dr. Sorenson was pleased with her growth and talked to us about helping Jessie get to sleep on her own. I think once she starts daycare, we'll work on it. I'm lazy and prefer her in my bed at night simply because I can more readily feed her and not get out of bed several times. Jessie does well with settling herself during naps and even at night sometimes, so we may have better luck with her than we did with Maggie. As I'm currently in bed with BOTH girls and my husband is in Maggie's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment