Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent: Fasting and Renewal

It's Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent. For the next 40 days, I am fasting: from Facebook. I was spending way too much time on Facebook, so we'll see how I do!!

Lent is also a time for reflection and renewal. The church is starting a new sermon series called 24 hours that Changed the World. To stay on schedule, we celebrated Palm Sunday last weekend. Maggie enjoyed being a part of the palm parade and waved her palms happily while walking around the church. This Sunday starts the series with the Last Supper. Our small group is also going to follow along with the study. Fuel on Tuesday evenings will start with a short video that, from what I understand, will take us around Jerusalem showing us the modern sites of those last 24 hours and then discussion with our group. I hope to take some time after the sermon and discussion to write down my thoughts each week.

It's going to be an interesting 40 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment