Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey Day


As I'm still working on my 1000 Gifts list, I'm calling yesterday Turkey Day, which is the main player of the day. I made much too much food, as usual. Some friends came over to help us eat it all & Rusty enjoyed the scraps!  In honor of Turkey Day, I thought I'd make a special list of the gifts I received yesterday.  Thank you, God!
Turkey covered in bacon
Green beans wrapped in bacon (new recipe)
Homemade cranberry sauce
Mashed potatoes
Gravy that turned out!
Wine
Mark, Kristi, Eli & Barb sharing the day with us
Jessie playing with Eli
Jessie & Eli getting excited over Rusty
Rocky carving the turkey
Pumpkin cheesecake dessert (thanks Kristi!)
Kristi & her mom helping with clean up
Rocky & Mark watching football
Maggie enjoying sparkling cranberry juice in her tea cup
Blue skies
Maggie telling me Grand Canyon facts
Jessie teaching Eli to be a daredevil
Time with just Rocky
The smell of the turkey cooking
The smell of the carcass being turned into broth
A table set in anticipation
Wine
Leftovers for supper
Leftovers to send home with the Osterlunds
Pumpkin cheesecake with cranberry sauce
Maggie being thankful for her school (she's thankful for everything else, but mostly her school)
Jessie attempting to say "Happy Anksgiving!" And "Doble-doble"




Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment