Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Other Wine


I got this The Other White wine and the red version in the June wine club mix.Wow. This is an amazing white blend. 65% Chardonnay, 25% Sauvignon Blanc, and 10% each Viognier, 100% delicious. It was slightly dry, maybe a tad oaky. It really was best on day one, slightly chilled from time in my wine cellar. I think this would be best enjoyed in one sitting, perhaps with a simple pasta salad.

I opened The Other Red the other night. Another nice blend: 45% Cabernet, 45% Merlot and 10% Syrah. A little dry, but nice with the aerator. I'm sure it will be even better today, after spending more time with some oxygen. I'm sure it will complement the leftover cold pizza very nicely!

I enjoyed a couple of glasses of Anselmi at Simply Wine yesterday with Diane and Chris. It was a great afternoon, quiet in the store, just enjoying the wine and the company. It was an afternoon that reminded me of Rocky and my wine tasting days in Virginia. Almost every Friday after work at the Wine Cellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment