Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting

Psalm 27:13-14

I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 28:6-7

Praise be to the Lord,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
And I will give thanks to him in song.

We have been waiting for a long time, it feels like.  As we wait, I am trying to take comfort and confidence in these passages.  Confidence to wait until I see his goodness.  Confidence that He has heard our cries for mercy.  Confidence that we will soon sing his praises with yet another sign of his guiding hand in our lives.  I know his time is not our time, but with our many distractions and short attention spans, it is hard to not get discouraged and down hearted.

Psalm 42:5
Why are you downcast, O  my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him
my Savior and my God.

My hope is in God.  I will ever praise him.  But I will probably continue to be impatient.  I don’t have to look back very far in my posts to see that this is going to be a continual prayer of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment