Saturday, September 10, 2011

Six Hats Chenin Blanc

It’s a beautiful Saturday, no chores to do (thanks to my house husband – which is a different post), spent some time at the zoo and now we’re enjoying some popcorn, “Major League” on Blu-100_5045Ray and I’m enjoying a 2nd bottle from my September Wine Club, a South African wine called Six Hats Chenin Blanc.  I actually opened it yesterday, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I had hoped.  I thought it might have been because it wasn’t cold enough.  And know I really believe it as I am enjoying it today!  It’s fruity, though I can’t place the fruit I’m tasting, and crisp.  It’s light enough to stand on it’s own – a nice deck wine – or with a light meal.  This is actually a new type of wine for me.

Wine Spectator gave this wine 87 points.  Read a little about the winery Citrusdal Wines, Fairtrade certified and sustainably farmed. My old “Boulder, CO” self would be proud!  

No comments:

Post a Comment