Friday, August 12, 2011

I Come to the Garden

garden03I did do a garden this year, but haven’t been able to spend much time in it, much less taking pictures of it.  Too many kids/puppies to keep an eye on.  I have been blessed with a garden that does so well with minimal watching.  This year, we did strawberries, tomatoes, basil, rosemary, potatoes, peas, lettuce, corn, carrots, pumpkins and watermelon.  We’ve enjoyed a lot of lettuce, a few peas and some beautifully plump carrots so far.  I’ve got a lot of green tomatoes and the corn is starting to get silks.  The pumpkin blossoms are now leaving plump starts of pumpkins and I found 2 teeny tiny starts to watermelon.  I’m trying hard to keep the potatoes and carrots in the ground longer as the longer they stay the sweeter they get.  We did pull some beautiful carrots last night that were almost there.  As my mom said, they tasted like dirt – in the right way!

garden05 garden08 garden09 garden10

No comments:

Post a Comment