Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter weekend last week. Rocky's folks came out and Rocky & I both took a long weekend to enjoy Good Friday together. We shopped and ran errands, nothing more notable than the trip to Build-a-Bear I posted last weekend. We did color eggs and thankfully Maggie was happy to only color 6 eggs, 5 of which went home with Grandpa Mike. We also stuffed the plastic eggs to hide Easter morning.

Saturday night, Rocky and I joined our church group for a Seder meal. It was quite the experience and one I hope we will make a tradition for this group. The Osterlund's hosted -- they have a great space in their basement for the triclinium table. We all brought part of the meal. I'm not sure what possessed me, but I decided to volunteer the lamb. I have not eaten lamb much in my life, and this was my first attempt at cooking one! A recipe from Bobby Flay led the way and everyone seemed to enjoy it: at least there wasn't much left at the end of the night. We all enjoyed several glasses of wine (some of us enjoyed the non-alcoholic versions) and enjoyed our time together. We never did "officially" get to the 4th glass of wine, but the most important aspect of the meal: eating together and talking about the reason for the Passover, were enjoyed by all.

Rocky had wanted to get up for the sunrise service, but it was very cold (about 25 degrees) that morning, so he opted to stay in bed instead. We enjoyed some leisurely coffee before getting ready for the 10:30 service at church. It gave Maggie time to hide her own eggs to find after church! We ate breakfast at the church and enjoyed a great service. At home, Maggie enjoyed finding her eggs, and the few treats the Easter Bunny left while we were at church. We had a quiet afternoon enjoying the "Ten Commandments" which Maggie informed us was NOT a family show.

I hope your Easter was filled with blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment