Friday, April 17, 2009

Blog Farts

Blog Farts – noun. Def: Crappy ideas that are too short to make a real blog post, but when combined, join forces to make one unified, albeit half assed, post. Definition coined by Jaci.
I'm "borrowing" this idea from my friend Jen.

I need to download the photos from Easter to get all Maggie's Easter pictures in one place. She was in tomboy mode on Easter, so the pretty Easter dress (same one from last year) didn't last long. And I did enjoy her antics in church: though fairly well behaved through the service, she did take one opportunity to show off her Lightning McQueen panties.

We are going camping in Yellowstone in 2 weeks and most people, upon hearing this, either warn us of bears and/or snow and cold. I'm not all that worried about either. We went camping once in March in Virginia and it got pretty frickin' cold -- like below 30. Nala loved it. Rocky got us some 20 degree sleeping bags, so bring it on!

I really like going to the drive-in and I think this weekend we'll make our first trip of the summer. "Monsters Vs. Aliens" is playing and Maggie has already asked for this movie (darn commercials). It's always a double feature, but we've never stayed for the 2nd movie. I can't think of a time that I've even wanted to, but if I did, I can't imagine I could stay up that late (typically the first show doesn't start until around 9:45/10 p.m. as it stays light quite late here in the middle of summer).

It is looking like we are going to get a Weight Watchers at Work here and I'm exicted. While I've been doing pretty good on the Wii Fit, I think I weigh myself too often on it -- it actually recommends doing the Body Test daily, which at first seems great, until you're doing it and all you do is watch your weigh hover around the same numbers for about 2 weeks. And if you do the test at a different time of day, your weight can really jump. I'm excited about WW at Work because I know a lot of people who have successfully lost weight with WW (my mom did really well on it) and I know it will help me relearn some bad eating habits. Plus, there's the accountability of doing it at work with people you work closely with. I know my co-workers will keep me honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment