Sunday, February 24, 2013

40 Prayers of Lent, Day 9

Writing prompt, the name of God: Isaiah 9:6 for unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be on his shoulders and his name shall be called Wonderful. Counselor. Almighty God. Everlasting Father. Prince of Peace.

Exodus 3:14: God said to Moses, “ I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘ I am has sent me to you.’ ”

I have sang praises to your son, gladly and eagerly. I do so love to sing "The Messiah" and the one about how your son shall be called. I cannot hear the verse without singing it. But your name is different. You are your son, yet not. You are who you are. YHWH. There is nothing extra, no flourish. Just the breath, the act of breathing in and out. You are my life breath and your very name cannot be said without breathing in and out. We say it each and every time we breathe. Our very continuance is praising you. Heavenly Father, keep me mindful through the following week that each breath is your name and none is wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment