Saturday, May 1, 2010

Preschool Habitat Project

Well, it's that time of year again. Preschool habitat time! Last year, Maggie made a bird habitat. This year, she decided she wanted to make a jaguar habitat. So, we saved some toilet paper rolls to make trees, found an old box and then went shopping for more supplies. We found some green ribbons to make the tops of the trees, but were unable to find a toy jaguar. Sometimes your choices are limited when you are just shopping at Target :) We did find some white tigers and other animals we THINK live in the jungle (I certainly hope white tigers live in a jungle. At least these 2 will). I think Maggie was a little tired (she got to spend the night at cousin Christy's house and had a BLAST and probably went to bed late and got up early to play)and frustrated because she told me "Mom, I just don't think I need to make a habitat." I told her it is for school and she has to. To which she replied "Mom, I don't think I need to make a JAGUAR habitat. I can make a white TIGER habitat!"

Pictures can be found on Facebook and here is a video of her creating her "project".


Kids

1 comment: