Thursday, May 27, 2010

Let the Count Down Begin!

On Tuesday I hit full term with the pregnancy. Maggie was born at 37 weeks, so I am now officially more pregnant than ever. I have told the baby several times that he/she is free to arrive any time after June 1. However, I am also well aware that with babies you have to be careful what you wish for. Typically babies in my family come sometime after the due date. I was a week after and my sister was 3 weeks after. My sister's kids both came after the due date. Maggie caught us all by surprise -- though I think that had more to do with my job stress raising my blood pressure and as I was pregnant, it just couldn't go down on its own. This time around, we are better prepared. The crib is up. The car seat is in my car. We have several plans of attack for Maggie when the time comes. Which, of course, probably means the baby will take his/her sweet time and arrive around June 22.

My office threw us a baby shower last week. It was a lot of fun! Great food, 1 fun game and generous generous coworkers! We will be able to get well stocked in diapers, bottles and of course, a few fun, cute things for the baby (and Maggie too).

The baby is still up high, pushing that little baby butt into my ribs. But I think he/she is a bit long as he/she likes to stretch and seems to get my ribs and bladder or cervix at the same time. I feel pretty good other than a strained back and the pulled groin muscle that likes to rear it's ugly head from time to time. I sometimes feel like I'm limping around the office like Quasimoto. But I'm happy to be STILL limping around and not on bed rest. So far this has been a great pregnancy and I hope the delivery and first years go as smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment