Thursday, March 26, 2015

#Bod4God My Team

One of the reasons I decided to start the Bible Study was for this very reason: a Team. I think this is one of the reasons I've struggled with losing weight. No team. While the local team was not what I expected and one I still don't really feel connected to, I've discovered I have more of a team than I realized.

Team Member #1: God. This one is the key. I had never asked God to be on my team before. Oh, I'd asked him to help me lose weight but my expectation was more along the lines of "please let me wake up a size smaller" or "help me resist the temptation of the chips I just bought" (why did I just buy them??). This time, however, it was a different kind of ask. My asks are less for the physical and more for the emotional and spiritual strength to continue on this journey. And now 

Call to Me & I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3

I had no idea the things my body could do. God has given me the spiritual support I've needed to get to where I am right now. I've lost 10 pounds since January and I owe it all to Him.

The rest of my team: I realized recently that while I don't have a local team, God has given me people who support me through technology from a distance. Montana friends on the FitBit app or Twitter challenge me and encourage me to keep going. The friends God brought me to there are long lasting friends who will encourage my Walk and my walking.
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27:17
Two people are better than one, for they can help each other success. Ecclesiastes 4:9

My team is not what I expected, but they are exactly who God had planned. Little did I know what he had planned when He put me on the path to meet Diane, Becky and Kristi.

And of course, my husband. He is a bigger part of my team now that we are working out together. We have 4 more weeks with the personal trainer and I can't wait to see the fruits of our labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment