Tuesday, March 3, 2015

#Bod4God Week ... something

The past few weeks have been a bit of a blur. Maggie's Girl Scout troop started cookie sales. We had a long weekend and Rocky & I went to see Alton Brown's live show (fantastic, wonderful, 3 hours that flew by AND I got my cookbook autographed -- even if I didn't get to meet him). I've actually been busy at work. It's been cold and snowy and COLD. I'm still getting up at 0'dark:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays for Body & Soul Boot Camp. I'm loving Piyo on Mondays. And I'm getting to about half of the Tuesday/Thursday Women With Weights classes. Rocky and I have also started working out with a personal trainer.

And I'm FINALLY seeing some results. My pants are getting looser. The scale is starting to move in the right direction (so so close to 10 pounds down).

It's interesting to me that it has taken this competition for things to really get kick started in my body. I had started the Bible study to be able to dig deeper into my relationship with God and hopefully find that lasting motivation. I don't know that I'm getting that from this study. This group seems more focused on the nutrition, exercise by bringing in speakers such as physicians, dietitians, a yoga instructor. And I'm not feeling connected with my group. Which is disappointing to me. I've been praying for godly friends. I'm frustrated and feel like I'm not getting anything out of it. And yet this is working for me. 

God is working in my physical body. He is working on my temple to make it a holy place for his spirit to reside. So even though I expected to see more of a spiritual change from this study, it's not what God has planned. He is using this time to make changes to my earthly vessel and teaching me that I can do this ... With Him. Trying to do this on my own was futile. 

And interesting that at this very moment, I finally get this week's memory verse:

"Each of you should know how to possess her own vessel in sanctification and honor." 1 Thessalonians 4:4

Only God can help me know my own vessel, to care and honor my body for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment