Sunday, June 17, 2012

S'more Cupcakes


I don't spend much time in the kitchen anymore. I do still love to cook but even more so I love coming home to dinner on the table. But as it is Father's Day, I took over!  I made my famous bbq ribs, twice baked potatoes and just for fun, pulled out a recipe for S'more Cupcakes I've been wanting to try. I found the recipe some time ago on Snappy Gourmet. I , of course, made a few adjustments, but overall, I think they are a success and will be attempted again.

The Cupcakes:
2 1/4 cups crushed graham crackers
3/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking power
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients together in small bowl. Cream butter & sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating each one. Add vanilla. Alternate adding milk & dry ingredients until fully mixed. Bake 20-22 minutes for regular sized cupcakes, 12 minutes for mini.

I was able to get about 30 mini-cupcakes & 12 regular sized cupcakes from this. I also probably filled the cupcakes too full, so I most likely could have gotten more.


Frosting:
14 oz Marshmallow Fluff
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
3-4 cups powdered sugar, depending on how much frosting you want to make
1-2 T milk
1-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream marshmallow fluff & butter. Add salt & vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar. Once all sugar is incorporated, add chocolate chips. Let frosting sit in fridge at least 30 minutes before frosting.
Snappy Gourmet's recipe included dipping in melted chocolate, but I took the easy way out & just didn't do it! The cupcakes were still a hit!! They are now in the freezer just awaiting to be devoured! (they are VERY good frozen.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment