Friday, May 25, 2012

Trust, take 2

I started this post a while ago, obviously (see previous post).  With all the unknowns in our life right now, I find myself struggling with trust.  Then, as if the Lord was trying to tell me something [ya think?], I had not 1 but 2 gentle reminders of where my trust should belong.

The first was the prayer writing prompt from Rachel over at faithandwater.  Her prompt of Proverbs 3:5 was a gentle reminder that I'm not to trust in the things of this world, wine, or my own limited perspective on what's going on in life.  I'm to trust in HIM with ALL my heart.  And my soul (as in some translations, or is that my own head).

And then, Wendy Pope and her wonderful Psalm study, which I have not been as faithful as I should be.  This week was Psalm 21.  And it is verse 7 that she focused on, and gave me a new light, vision into:

For the king trusts in the Lord;
through the unfailing love of the Most High he will not be shaken.
Not be shaken.  Wow.  I am very shaken right now.  I'm confused.  I feel lost.  I feel like doors have been slammed shut.  I feel like each direction we turn, we hear a resounding No and I'm not sure which direction to look now.  I keep wondering what am I doing, what are we doing wrong? Are we missing something?  Is there a huge sign that we are blinded to, either unknowingly, or worse, unwillingly?

And, yet, here it is.  Plain as day.  My "not be shaken" is not something I can do.  It is God's love for me, for my family, that gives us a strong foothold, makes our path straight, keeps me steady, keeps us reassured.  I can trust in him, I should trust in him, I must trust him because he loves me, he loves us.  Oh, how he loves us. 

[Go to Youtube and listen to David Crowder's How He Loves Us.]

Lord, help me remember your love for me, for my family and that you are in control. When I feel the most insecure, the winds of the hurricane, you are closer than ever.  And I will not be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment