Monday, November 28, 2011

Pinotage, The Den

Another selection from the wine club, though I can't remember if it's from October or November and now I cannot find my notes. Next month's selection will be available this weekend and I'm going to,hopefully remember to, blog about the 3 right away.

This is a new grape variety for me. It's a South African grape developed in the early 20th century. The Den is from Painted Wolf [I LOVE the label and wouldn't mind it as a print on my wall], and I'd like to try other varieties from Painted Wolf. The pinotage has a little spice to it and a bit of a berry flavor, slightly dry. I had it after dinner with some chocolate which was a great pairing!

I'm enjoying branching out into some reds. Getting away from the sweet & light whites has been great fun and a bit of an adjustment. Especially as the weather cools. We'll see if this trend continues in the spring!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment