Friday, November 18, 2011

Something's Lost

About two and a half weeks ago, I lost my wedding & engagement rings. I realized they were gone on a Wednesday morning. I don't really remember putting them on but I do remember thinking about them. I realized they were gone after I got in the car to leave. I did a quick look for them, leaving Jessie in the car. I then decided I didn't care if I was late for work and searched the bedroom, kitchen and living room for about 30 minutes. At that point I knew I needed to get to work and called off the search, temporarily.

The drive to work was interesting, thoughts going my head. What if I couldn't find them? Would we get replacements? Do I even want replacements? Those rings were specially blessed at our wedding. Can you call replacements "wedding" rings? Why are they called wedding rings and not marriage rings? Why had I put off finding a jeweler to resize them? They have been loose for some time but now that I'm about 15 pounds lighter than I was before I got pregnant with Jessie and it's a lot colder they seemed to be even looser.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've done some concentrated searches including cleaning out my closet, Jessie's closet, the dresser, the food closet, my car, under the bed, even getting Rocky to move the fridge and stove. So if nothing else at least several areas got a good level 10 cleaning.

It's weird. I still check for them and sometimes stop and wonder for a second, forgetting I do not have them on. I have also heard of many more lost rings since mine have gone missing.

The rings are insured and can be replaced. I keep reminding myself that rings are not important. The rings are not my marriage. And I love that my husband is the voice of reason in this situation.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment