Monday, May 30, 2011

Taco Night

Tonight was taco night. As usual, I made cole slaw to go with. Growing up I never liked cole slaw. A few years ago I found a recipe for steak fajatas with homemade cole slaw. Somewhat sceptical, I tried it and liked it. The dressing was lighter and not as thick as I was used to.

I started making it with all Mexican dishes, though I do, as usual, substitute with whatever I have. Tonight really liked it and just had to write it down:

1 package of chopped cabbage
1 julianned bell pepper (red is my preference, but tonight I had yellow)
1 stalk of celery, chopped

Dressing:
2 tsp mayo
2 tsp cider vinegar
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp sugar
Dash red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp dried cilantro (fresh WOULD be better, but tried is so much easier)

Wisk dressing and pour over veggies. Toss together and let sit at least 30 minutes. Serve over your favorite Mexican dish. It's really good with chicken dishes.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment