Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mommy, I want to help

I don't do dishes. I have a dishwasher and it is the appliance I do not want to live without. It allows me to shove dirty dishes in, push a button and take out clean dishes, without, for the most part, getting my hands wet or icky. This week, due to poor planning and a poorly written grocery list, I ran out of dishwasher detergent. The dishwasher is filled to the brim with dirty dishes and I can't get anymore in there and expect the dishes to come out clean. So tonight, I set out to wash dishes from supper. I can probably count on one hand the number of times Maggie has watched me do dishes, and have 4-5 fingers left over. "Phineas and Ferb" was on, so I thought I had a few free minutes to wash. Maggie had a different idea and decided that she wanted to help. So I let her:
I'm going to enjoy the willingness to help while I can.

1 comment: