Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Cookies

I love this time of year. It is a very close 2nd to fall for me. I love the cold, the snow, the cheeriness, the lights, the packages, boxes and bags! But I really love the baking. I love baking Christmas cookies and goodies. This year was very special because Maggie is just old enough to really have fun baking Christmas cookies and one of my cousins, whom I haven't seen in at least 15 years, moved into town and we were able to bake cookies together. Christy and I were part of the "look-a-like" cousins growing up -- 4 of us favored our grandmother. We didn't stop to take a picture on Sunday, but the resemblance has faded a bit (in my opinion), though you could still pick us all out of a crowd! Christy has 2 older children and they enjoyed the cookie baking as much as Maggie. Though, Maggie and Ethan seemed to enjoy eating more frosting than anything else!
Maggie adds sprinkles to the cookie dough:


Ethan pounds/rolls out the dough:


Christy gets them ready for the oven


And then we frost!



The final result:

Tonight, Maggie told me that she wants to go to Christy's to make more "Cwistmas Cookies." It's supposed to be bitter cold this weekend, so we'll probably bake some more and I think I'm going to try my hand at my grandmother's fudge recipe. I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment