Monday, February 2, 2015

#Bod4God A Super Bowl Workout

We are football fans in our house. So of course, we were going to watch the Super Bowl. We don't go anywhere or really do anything special, but we enjoy watching the game and the commericals. And this year the girls were excited to see the Katy Perry Half-Time show. I was excited to see Lenny Kravitz, but very disappointed he only participated in part of "I Kissed a Girl." There was more Missy Elliot than Lenny in that show! But I digress.

One of my workout buddies mentioned that last year she and her viewing friends found a "Super Bowl Workout" list -- quick bursts whenever something happens in the game. So I went to Pinterest to see what I could find. I found a couple and decided to give it ago. About half way through the first quarter, I realized that the one I had chosen was put together by either A. someone who knows very little about football, or B. someone who REALLY likes burpees. Seriously, 10 burpees for every first down. Rocky asked me, after the 2nd first down, if I was really going to do them for EVERY first down. I quickly switched to push-ups for each 1st down and then to every other first down. The game became more exciting and I rather gave up on the exercise part to watch around the 3rd quarter.

As I was thinking about this little exercise [pun intended], I thought I could come up with something better than I found. Though I do have several months to implement and perfect!

Touchdown: Push-ups equal to the points on the scoreboard
Extra Point: 1 burpee [because I don't like them, but I know they are good for me!]
2 point conversion: 2 burpees
Field Goal: 30 second wall sit
Safety: 2 burpees
Penalty: Full sit ups equal to the number of yards in the penalty [5 yard penalty = 5 full sit ups]
1st down: 10 push-ups
Interception: 6 banana/supermans
Fumble: 30 seconds high knees
Time Out: Squats until play resumes
Sack: Tricep dips equal to the number of yards lost

What would you add??

No comments:

Post a Comment