I'm getting closer to the end of the year and while I'm getting closer, I'm not quite as far along in my list as I expected to be able to hit 1000 gifts by December 31. Perhaps that's what I will be doing on December 31: looking back on 2012 for the gifts I may have missed.
It is interesting what this is doing to my train of thought. I was feeling frustrated at work earlier, so I made myself come up with 4 gifts in my job. I didn't allow myself to go on to anything else until I completed that task. Coming up with just 4 small things was easy. And that's really the point of this exercise. To make seeing the gifts easier.
226. Jessie pooped on the potty!
227. Jessie wanting to tell Grandma that she pooped on the potty
229. Jessie picking out her own clothes
230. A picture of the 4 babies, who aren’t babies anymore!
231. Celebrating another 2 year old’s birthday (happy birthday John!)
232. Maggie buying her own Halloween costume
233. Onions carmelizing, soaking up flavor
234. Smell of beef roasting
235. A crockpot with a timer
236. Chicken soup & grilled cheese
237. Blue skies against a snowy field
238. The first snow fall, so pretty, but quickly gone
239. #joydare: 3 gifts baked, stirred, eaten: Euchrist, the bread, my soul, my mind
240. My beautiful daughters
241. Finally finishing reading “One Thousand Gifts” (the book that started this all)
242. Picking up with the Psalms online study
243. Psalm 41:9 Though people may betray me, God never will.
244. A prayer group for Rocky
245. Lunch with Diane at Uberbrew
246. Smell of pine which can take me back instantly to summer camp
247. 9 years of marriage
248. Rocky putting the phone charger in my car
249. Watching Rocky play with the girls
250. A husband with a sense of humor
251. Knowing my husband will be there when I get home.
252. That even in the exasperating times, he still chooses to love me.
253. Time in my prayer journal
254. A cool, foggy morning
255. Getting out the good china, Grandma’s chine, for dinner
256. God has saved the best for NOW
257. Dinner with Tim & Diane
258. An evening with our church group, times too far and few between
259. Pumpkin bread
260. An adorable picture of Jessie, John & Eli
261. Lots of laughter with a new game
262. Jessie’s first haircut
263. Jessie playing with Eli & 2 year old giggles
264. Maggie watching “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and knowing all the songs
265. A cool afternoon with the windows open
266. Playing Battleship on the iPad
267. Playing Life with Maggie
268. Making the video of Jessie’s first haircut
269. Social media, the ability to share Jessie’s and Maggie’s milestones with everyone in an instant
270. Watching the Avengers, again.
271. Great wine!
272. Taking the Girl Scouts to Scott’s to learn about bees
273. Scott’s wonderful ability to interact with the girls
274. Sweet, golden, candy-like honey
275. Maggie’s delight in the honey
276. The girls playing in the leaves, 7 year old laughter
277. Family photos
278. Jessie’s determination to do things for herself, putting on her own clothes
279. Blowing kisses
280. Jessie wanting to give dog treats to Rusty
281. Maggie wanting to take on more responsibility
282. In laws coming to visit!!
283. Work: given responsibility over the recruitment ad budgets
284. Work: job scope has expanded beyond recruitment
285. Work: Flexibility in work hours to be able to participate in Girl Scouts
286. Work: A manager who does care about me as a person.