Friday, April 13, 2012

Shall Not Be Moved

Some reflections on Psalm 15 because, once again, I looked at these verses in a new light and instead of becoming frustrated or feeling unworthy, grace, wonderful grace, has turned these words around for me.  I now find comfort in the knowledge that while by man's standards I am completely unworthy, God's grace and forgiveness makes me worthy and I will not be moved from God's presence, from His Holy hill.

Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on  your holy hill?

He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart
and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellow man,
who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the Lord,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,
who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.

He who does these things
will never be shaken.

New International Version
That list is so incredible and impossible.  I know I am not blameless nor do I consider myself righteous.  The rest of the list is definitely not easy, and probably more difficult.  I am blameless because of God's grace and forgiveness.  The rest of that I can only hope to accomplish because of his forgiveness and only with his assistance.  I cannot go it alone.
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.  Acts 3:19, King James Version

No comments:

Post a Comment