Sunday, April 22, 2012

Impatience

Isaiah 8:16: I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob, and I will hope in God.
I spend way too much time waiting for something to happen.  I spend my weekdays wishing for the weekends.  I spend my daughters’ lives wishing they were x [usually older] age so we can do X [really big thing]. I spend winter wishing for warmer weather and summer wishing for cooler weather.  My impatience does not make it happen any sooner than it will and all I do is spend time in worry or want when I could spend that time in the moment. Enjoying my work, enjoying my daughters, enjoying my life.  Abba, when I get into those modes of want or worry, remind me of what I do have.  Remind me of your blessings you have already given.  Remind me to step out in faith and that you will richly bless me and my family when I do.

This blog post was inspired by Rachel at Faith & Water and her weekly prayer writing prompts.

1 comment:

  1. You inspired me to blog about impatience, too. Thank you for sharing these thoughts, W!!

    ReplyDelete