Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Return to Wine

I have not had a wine post in much too long.  But in all honesty, I've mostly been drinking Barefoot and Middle Sister, both great affordable wines, but not much to write home about.  Though I did pick up a Barefoot Bubbly that was wonderful and deserves it's own post!

The other night, however, I thought deserved something that's been sitting in my wine cellar for awhile.  I'm not even sure when I got this in the Wine Club.  This is a Cabernet Sauvignon.  You probably don't remember, but I'm not a big fan of this grape, at least not in young wines.  I think this grape needs time to develop in the bottle.  So I waffled on opening the 2009 bottle from Bogle Vineyards.  This was a very nice Cab, and surprised me.  It wasn't overly dry (which is typically my complaint).  It has a nice blend of flavors and odors to make this a bottle to enjoy, even on a Thursday evening.

I wanted to jump start blogging about wine again and as this is one I want to purchase again (and maybe a couple, get one or two to save to see what another 5 years does), I think this was a good one to start with.

Salut!
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment