Thursday, March 7, 2013

40 Prayers of Lent; Day 19

Today's [Yesterday's] prayer-writing prompt reflects on Psalm 12:1-3 (NRSV): "Help, O LORD, for there is no longer anyone who is godly; the faithful have disappeared from humankind. They utter lies to one another; with flattering lips and a double heart they speak. May the LORD cut off all flattering lips and the tongue that makes great boasts."

How does your tongue show your faith...or not? When do you hedge with your words, or use words defensively, or allow words to reason away uncomfortable truths? In your prayer-writing, use words to pray over your words and to strive for greater faithfulness with your mouth. My prayer today is here:
http://rachelhackenberg.com/lent-19-2013/

Let my words be few
Let my words be true
Let my words be all for you
 
Let my words bring you glory.
Let my words in work, in home
   in speaking to my husband, my children, my friends
Let each word be as if I were speaking only to you
 
Simple
Respectful
Honoring

No comments:

Post a Comment