Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It was the First Day of the First Grade




A few quotes from today:
6:00 am: I thought it was still night, but then I looked out the other side of my window and saw it was light so I knew I could get up.
6:05 am: is it time to go to school yet?
6:20 am: I think that healthy food goes to your brain, but bad food just goes to your gut.
6:24 am: Is it time to go to school yet?
6:40 am: I'm going to wear my vest. These pants are comfortable.
6:41 am: is it time to go to school now?
Repeated numerous times for the next hour until we headed to school at about 7:50, arriving about 15 minutes early.

8:05 am: Okay Mom, you can leave now.

After asking Maggie about her day, she replied: Best thing is 3 recesses, 1 in the morning, 1 after lunch and 1 before we left. And if you are in the after school program you get FOUR recesses!  I looked for a book called "Mystery in Bug Town" in my first grade room. Mrs George likes animals and turned our room into a Zoo or Jungle!  And I played a short game of Monopoly, but somebody helped me.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment