Friday, April 20, 2012

April Wine Club

At the end of March, I was debating changing my wine club selection from the Simply Wine Club to the Adventurer's Club.  The Adventurer's Club is 2 bottles and would save me $5/month.  I met some girl friends at Simply Wine March 31 and asked Sue if it was too late to change clubs.  She suggested that I see what the 3 bottle club had to offer first.  And while I haven't opened anything yet, I'm very happy that I did! 

On the very left is Senda 66 Tempranillo.  It is Spanish and to have lots of cherry flavor.  I'm not sure if I've had a Tempranillo before, but I'm rather getting into all these reds lately!

Next is the Siegel Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon.  Per Sue, more cherries and perhaps some pepper.  And it appears to include both Cab grapes and a few Syrah (probably what brings in the pepper!)

Finally, is the one that I know is why Sue suggested staying in this club: the Reginato Sparkling Rose of Malbec.  I've had a few Malbecs lately and have enjoyed them.  And I'm very much looking forward to this one!  Especially as it is sparkling!  My friend Diane & I are saving this for June when her sister comes to visit so we can enjoy it together, and with some pizza.  And bonus: it's Argentinean [I love South American wines and don't drink them as often as I should]!

No comments:

Post a Comment