Friday, October 29, 2010

Red Trucks

What is it about red trucks? In high school, my sister wanted a red truck. In college, I dated a guy with a red truck. Tonight, I'm drinking Red Truck. I picked up 2 bottles at Simply Wine a couple of weeks ago. I'm enjoying the 2nd bottle now. It's a Petite Sirah. The label says:

Our Petite Sirah evokes this magnificent natural landscape, sending the palate into overdrive with lush flavors of cassis, dark cherries & plums infused with pepper and brown spices.
We had dinner at Applebee's and I had a Merlot there. It was okay. When I tasted the Sirah after, it was amazing all of the flavors! I can really taste the plum. I toasted up a couple of pieces of Texas garlic toast to go with it, though I think a big bowl of popcorn would have been better! The best part is this wine was under $6!! I know I've seen it at Wal-Mart, so it will be easy for me to pick up additional bottles without heading to the West End and my favorite wine stores. I actually picked up a great cheese, made with garlic and a chardonnay, which I didn't blog about, but it was smooth, flavorful and would be awesome in mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment